Technical SupportIf you are experiencing technical difficulties with the following: • Freezing • Satellite issue • Incorrect yardage • Won’t turn on • Blank screen
Please perform a firmware update on your unit through using GB manager. If that does not fix the issue, attempt the following steps to perform an emergency reboot: *NOTE: If you have a WORLD unit, please replace the MENU button with the PROPLAY button to perform this reboot. 1. Please make sure that the unit is turned OFF. 2. Hold down the MENU button, then press the POWER button simultaneously. 3. Once the LCD (screen) powers on, release the POWER button BUT keep the MENU button pressed. 4. Once you see EMERGENCY REBOOT on the screen, release the MENU button and wait about 3-5 minutes for reboot to factory settings.
You may also try the emergency reboot using your computer (most effective way) by following these steps: 1. Make sure the GolfBuddy is powered off. 2. Please connect your USB cable to the computer WITHOUT your unit. 3. Hold down the Menu button. 4. As you are holding the Menu button down, please connect your GolfBuddy to the USB cable. 5. Once you see the EMERGENCY REBOOT screen, please release the Menu button but leave your unit connected to the USB cable until the process completes.
[ How to change holes ] 1. While on the play mode, touch the hole number (located on the top left corner of the screen) to bring up the hole number list. 2. Touch the arrows next to the hole number until you see the desired hole number and then press that number.
[ How to change the time ] 1. Go to the Main Menu and select the Tools option. 2. Go to the select Time Zone option and select the desired time.
[ How to enter preview mode ] 1. Please go to the Main Menu and select the Preview Mode option.
[ How to go to Green view ] 1. While on the play mode, touch the yardage number (located on the top right corner of the screen) to activate the green view mode. 2. To go back to full layout mode, please press the yardage number again.
How to Perform an Emergency Reboot• In the Advanced Menu, there is a Reset GPS function. After resetting your GPS, please allow 3-5 minutes for your GolfBuddy to establish a satellite signal.
• If you are still experiencing issues, please try the emergency reboot using your computer. Please make sure the unit is powered off. Please connect your USB cable to the computer, without the unit being connected. Please hold down the MENU button. As you are holding the MENU button, please connect your unit to the USB cable. Once the EMERGENCY REBOOT message displays on the screen, please release the MENU button but leave your unit connected to the USB cable until the process is complete.
• You will see a Login Panel . Click on “Sign up” at the bottom. This will open up a webpage to create your User ID and Password.
• Please fill in all the details that are required ( indicated by "*" ). Please note the password instructions regarding no Caps, Symbols, Spaces, & a 4-15 character-long requirement. You will need to click “Check Availability” to verify your selected User ID is valid and not already being used.
• Please click “Submit” at the bottom of the form when finished.
• Your User ID and Password have now been created. Make sure to write them down and keep them in a safe place in case you forget them!