• Press and hold the Power button for about 12 seconds. (until it restarts and displays “GolfBuddy” message)
[BB5 emergency boot instruction]: (must be connected to a power source via USB)
• Press and hold the Power, Ok, and Down (or Up) buttons for about 12 seconds until you see progressing LED lights (red, orange, and green lights) on the bottom followed by “GolfBuddy” message.
• This reboot will revert the firmware version back to its previous stable version.
How to Set Time • The time will set automatically once the unit successfully connects to satellites. However, you may need to update the hours based on your time zone.
• To set your time zone, while in Time Mode, press and hold the right arrow (>) button. UTC will display and the time zone can be adjusted by pressing the (<) or (>) buttons, then press OK.
• To change between 12/24 hour clock, press and hold down the left arrow (<) button while in Time Mode. You can switch between the 12 hour and 24 hour display by pressing the (<) or (>) buttons, then press OK.
• Outside of box - Turn box around and serial number will be on back of box.
• Through GolfBuddy Manager - Connect unit with USB cable to computer - From left side tabs, select "Profile" - S/N will be displayed on bottom of screen
How to Measure Shot • In golf mode, press and hold the left button to mark your current position. Then screen will show that the distance counter is re-set to zero. When you arrive at the position you want to measure, press the left button to display your shot distance.
How to Change Holes • In golf mode, press and hold the OK button. The BB5 will display the hole currently in play. Press the arrow left and right buttons to select the desired hole, then press OK to confirm selection.
How to Change Unit of Measurement• To change the unit of measurement, press and hold the right arrow button while in golf mode. The screen will display M/Y and you can use the arrow left and right buttons to select between meters (M) or yards (Y), then press the OK button to confirm selection.
How to Switch Left/Right Green• In golf mode, press and hold the OK button. The BB5 will display the hole currently in play. If your hole has a left or right green (only if available), it will appear after the hole change function. Press the left and right arrow buttons to select left (L) or right (R) green ad press the OK button to confirm selection.